Search:

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Scrubbing Bubbles...

         In the weeks leading up to the trip everyone around me was excited, almost as if they were going with me. Sadly my mother was a little too excited while helping me pack. It seems as if she packed me for 2 years rather than two weeks. After the normal everyday necessities like toothpaste and Advil, she also added her personal (borderline OCD) touch by throwing in Lysol, Scrubbing Bubbles, and a bottle of Febreze (all full size). Not only did she decide to pack the whole cleaning aisle at Target, she also packed snacks ranging from simple fun sized candies like Twix to boxes of Cocoa Krispies and Froot Loops.
      Though I admit she was thinking ahead when packing the Vicks vapor rub and duct tape, as they both came in handy. When Erin sprained her finger we made a homemade splint with duct tape and q-tips. The Vicks is particularly handy right now that I'm fighting this cough and stuffy nose. So this is for you Ma: Thanks, but when you help me pack for college, can you leave the scrubbing bubbles at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment