Search:

Sunday, July 7, 2013

How Zaire Got Into This Thing

Let me tell you a crazy story about how I got into this.

At first, it was not my intention to do the scholarship program. But, I'm happy I did it.

The after school program that I attend. One of the tutors pulled me and a friend of mine to the side to tell us about the scholarship. At  first I did not care about it. So, I waited a few hours; then I started the 500 word essay. It took my friend and myself a few hours to finish our essays. The tutor helped us with the corrections and made sure we met the deadline of entry into the scholarship contest.

A few days passed and I said to my friend,  "Let's start looking for a summer job," because I didn't think we would be one of the ones to finalize and win. I told my friend that I would like to be working for the summer. I didn't have the patience and time to be waiting around to find out if I was going to be one of the finalists.

And, by luck or faith (don't know which one it was), I received the email telling me I was one of the finalists. I was shocked and surprised - I wasn't expecting it! But, now I'm on my way to the experience of a lifetime.

So, I would like to say to the Irish Network, thank you for the opportunity.

Zaire, NOLA to DUBLIN!!!!!! With three other wonderful finalists. SMILE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment